Wednesday 4 February 2015

The musings of an adorable pug

This poem was penned down by me last year,I have added two more paras today, based on my experiences with my adorable pug in the past few months and wish to share it again! It would require a patient reading but believe me, it would be absolutely  worth it,specially for those, known to this adorable pug and all other animal lovers!






 I am the special one! I am the special one!

There is no other one like me under the sun!

I do not remember when I was actually born,

But I do remember feeling so lost and forlorn,

As, one fine day, when I was barely 45 days old,

I would have to travel up to Borivali, I was  told.

Curled up snugly in a green basket, I wondered,

Where was I being taken and simply shuddered,

Thinking, what was in store for me in the future,

And prepared myself for an amazing adventure.


When my basket cover was opened in the pet shop,

I jumped out in a jiffy with a quick jump, skip and hop.

 I ignored the screaming and gaping of few strangers,

And braced myself for the probable lurking dangers.

To my utter surprise, a girl picked me and kissed me,

And three other persons looked lovingly at poor me.

You bet, I felt wanted and welcomed by this family,

So soon I was on my way to my new abode happily.

In the car ride to my home, I was very curious indeed,

If my new home would have, the love and care I need .



When I entered my new home, it was love at first sight,

Within few minutes of entering inside,I lost all my fright,

I broke into a run from one end of the house to the other,

I was glad to make my family break into a hearty laughter.

From then on it was a happy journey of knowing my family,

And the new environment and also other dogs in the vicinity.

My family loved to show me off to other men and women,

But I liked most, being admired and petted by the children.

Soon enough I became known as quite a famous personality,

As I got to meet more and more people in my new locality .



A bit more about my family and with them, my relationship,

How I grew with them and struck with them a great kinship.

My papa, a bit scared of me, would try avoiding me initially,

He, later on went on to become my best friend surprisingly.

My mother, loved me and took me to school every single day,

She called me 'educated' and in her cabin would let me stay.

My brother, had to leave, the very next day, for his work city,

But I sniffed him enough to know that he is a pet lover and witty.

My sister, the main reason I joined this family, simply adored me,

She fed me, bathed me and in all possible ways, pampered me.



Talking of bath, reminds me of my naughty and mischievous ways,

Which gave my family members, several fun filled and happy days.

I loved to dodge after my bath and give my sister and mom a chase,

And believe me they used to love it when I curled up for a mad race.

My special tactics were, tricking papa into taking me for an extra walk,

And being able to communicate every possible thing without a talk.

My love for raw mangoes and ripe chikoos, took me for an extra round,

And that brought all the kids and even the watchmen in the compound.

Here, I would like to share a secret with one and all about myself today,

I always did an extra prank only because it kept my family happy and gay.



There were many other family members I met over the years,

Aunts and Uncles, from India and Canada, many nears and dears.

My favourite one was an adorable sister, her chubby cheeks all red

Coming all the way from Canada, she brought for me my lovely bed.

But my most unforgettable journey in the four years that I have lived,

Was the first ever flight and stay in the city where my brother resided.

And when he got married, I could not hold my excitement, in the least,

Merrily I met many more family members and joined in the gala feast .

When I met my bhabhi, she was too shy and literally scared of me,

But now she loves me too and wants to own another pug like me.




That was about my family but there are lot many other people too,

Who have loved me and took care of me and of course they still do.

A family of four, that took me over a few times and simply loves me,

And the maid and the driver who take turns to look after me, you see.

Once on friendship day the kids made me blush and bloat with pride,

When around my neck, colourful friendship bands they lovingly tied.

People, who meet me once or twice, are not able to forget me easily,

They keep asking about my well being, to which I swirl my tail merrily.

I consider myself lucky to be showered with so much love and care,

Yes, thank God, I am the special one, I can with modest pride declare!


Of late, through my sickness and sadness, I have had a realization,

That special ones too have to go through many a trial and tribulation.

We dogs, take away the pain and suffering,even negativity and stress,

Of family members ,friends and strangers in exchange of positiveness.

And we pugs have a history  of having lived in the Tibetian Monastries,

And have a deep understanding of Spirituality and life's 'Many Mysteries'.

These special qualities made me vulnerable and gave me sickness and pain,

But it saddens me to see my nears and dears , worry and cry for me in vain.

Their sincere prayers have done wonders and kept me alive all this while,

For which, I would easily do anything more, to make them happy and smile.



I want them and all others to know and realize this fact,once and for all, 

That to lead a selfless life and suffer for the sake of others,is not easy at all.

In the bargain,we tend to attract sickness and pain from all those around us,

And we do this, without complaining or taking credit and bare minimum fuss.

We cannot speak but we understand more than what is,'said and explained',

We believe in serving faithfully, without bothering about what we have gained.

We sure have a shorter life span and lesser privileges than the human beings,

But we still consider ourselves as specially blessed and fortunate living beings.

And since I belong to this wonderful species, so sensitive and full of spirituality,

I am indeed very special and so proud of my 'blessed life and unique identity'!



GOD BLESS ALL THE DOGS AND PETS THAT ARE SO 

ADORABLE AND BRING SO MUCH MORE LOVE AND

 MEANING INTO OUR LIVES!



       

No comments:

Post a Comment