Friday 23 March 2012

LORD GANESHA


  Navratris begin today with Gudi padwa, the Marathi New Year, and with that my most precious nine days...before I write a poem on Goddess Durga, I write for Lord Ganesha, the lord of auspicious beginnings...this one is for all Ganesha Devotees...



















Lord Ganesha is definitely one of the most endearing  divine forms,
Worshipped the world over as Gajanana or the Elephant Faced God.
Having a magical, mystical and magnetic effect that truly transforms
All His devotees, pulling them towards Him through an invisible cord.



He is commonly known as Ganapati or Lord of all Lords, the Almighty,
And as Omkara, one with the form of Om, the very first ancient syllable,
He has a universal appeal and worldwide acceptance as a popular deity,
Known as Avighna or Vignaharta, remover of each and every obstacle.













He is every artist’s inspiration, rekindling his creativity and imagination,
So naturally He has been depicted in endless figures, forms and frames.
In Mumbai city He is worshipped with utmost loyalty and deep devotion 
Idolized in innumerable shapes and known by more than thousand names.


Muktidaya, Bestower of eternal bliss; Mangalmurti, all auspicious lord,
Nideeshwaram, the Giver of wealth and treasures, blessing one and all.
Siddhivinayaka, Bestower of success and Kripalu, the ever merciful Lord
Are just few of the names of this lovable God  that I can randomly recall.


I bow to you, the all omnipresent and omnipotent Lord of the Universe,
Shower your divine blessings on me, my family and all my friends please.
Oh  Buddhinath, the God of Wisdom, to you I dedicate this little verse,
After all, you are known as Kshipra, the one who is so easy to appease!


No comments:

Post a Comment