Thursday 12 January 2012

THE LITTLE ANGEL




There was this little angel that tiptoed into my life
And made my life more meaningful and worthwhile.
I hugged her and cuddled her and held on to her tight,
And whatever she would do, would make me smile.

Watching her blossom and bloom as time passed by
Made me forget  my deepest  worries and woes.
Guarding and grooming her,tending to all her needs
Kept me busy day and night and literally on my toes.

I waited  eagerly for her to grow up and be my buddy
To be able to share all my stories and secrets with her.
I dreamt of her shaping up well and shining  ever so bright,
She lived upto my expectations ,making me so proud of her.

She soon grew up to be a better version of me,
And to the envy of many was so full of talent.
Her thoughts, her deeds and  all her aspirations
Seemed an echo of mine and my dreams lying latent.

Suddenly one fine day ,without any prior warning,
She distanced herself from me and left me alone.
And I was left wailing and weeping,worrying and wondering ,
With many a questions,  whose answers were not known.

I want to tell her that I wish to hold her in my arms
And wipe away her worries and  her worst  fears.
I want to tell her that I truly love her ever so much,
And consider her among my dearest of dears.

Please come and open your heart  like the good old days,
Let us resolve our differences and talk  to each other awhile
For you are still that angel that had tiptoed into my life,
Making my life much more meaningful and worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the Poetry Blog. A gr8 first post. Wishing everything blossoms for you in 2012. Luv

    Aabha

    ReplyDelete